LMR Cable (standard) Specifications
LMR-100A / LMR100A Coax Cable Specs
LMR-195 / LMR195 Coax Cable Specs
Outdoor Rated Low Loss Flexible LMR200 Coax Cable Double Shielded with Black PE Jacket
Having a diameter of only 0.195 inches with a jacket made of PE, LMR 200 coax cable demonstrates a solid performance.
This flexible cable is similar in size with RG-58 cable, but provides better specs.
LMR 200 coax cable has an attenuation at 1 GHz of 10.5 dB, RF shielding of 90 dB and the max frequency of 5.8 GHz.
LMR 200 features solid bare copper center conductor and braid with foil outer conductor.
LMR-240 / LMR240 Coax Cable Specs
LMR-300 / LMR300 Coax Cable Specs
LMR-500 / LMR500 Coax Cable Specs
LMR-600 / LMR600 Coax Cable Specs
LMR-900 / LMR900 Coax Cable Specs
LMR-1200 / LMR1200 Coax Cable Specs
LMR-1700 / LMR1700 Coax Cable Specs
LMR-LW195 Cable Specs
LMR-LW200 Cable Specs
LMR-LW240 Cable Specs
LMR-LW400 Cable Specs
LMR-LW600 Cable Specs
LMR-UltraFlex Cable Specifications
LMR-195-UF Cable Specs
LMR-200-UF Cable Specs
LMR-240-UF Cable Specs
LMR-300-UF Cable Specs
LMR-400-UF Cable Specs
LMR-500-UF Cable Specs
LMR-600-UF Cable Specs
LMR-LLPL Low Loss Plenum Specifications
LMR-195-LLPL Coax Cable Specs
LMR-200-LLPL Coax Cable Specs
LMR-240-LLPL Coax Cable Specs
LMR-300-LLPL Coax Cable Specs
LMR-400-LLPL Coax Cable Specs
LMR-500-LLPL Coax Cable Specs
LMR-600-LLPL Coax Cable Specs
LMR-900-LLPL Coax Cable Specs
LMR-1200-LLPL Coax Cable Specs
LMR-75 Low Loss 75 Ohm Coax Cable Specifications
LMR-200-75 Cable Specs
LMR-240-75 Cable Specs
LMR-300-75 Cable Specs
LMR-400-75 Cable Specs
LMR-600-75 Cable Specs
TCOM Low Loss Low PIM Coax Specifications
TCOM-195 Cable Specs
TCOM-200 Cable Specs
TCOM-240 Cable Specs
TCOM-300 Cable Specs
TCOM-400 Cable Specs
TCOM-500 Cable Specs
TCOM-600 Cable Specs
LMR Cables Install Tools
Crimp and Strip Tools
Wrenches, Deburr, Cutter, and Tool Kits
LMR Hardware Accessories Specifications
Hoisting Grips Specs
Weatherproofing Kits Specs
Silicone Tape Weather Seal Kit
Ground Kits Specs
Entry Panels Specs
Boot Assembly & Cushion Inserts Specs
Engineered Products Specs
FBT Low Loss High Power Coax Specifications
FlexTech Jumper Assemblies
Leaky Feeder Radiating Cable Specifications
T-RAD Connector Install Procedure
SilverLine Test Cables Specifications
SilverLine Test Cables and Adapters
SilverLine-QMA Test Cables and Adapters
SilverLine-TG Test Cables
Intra-Flex In-box Interconnects
LMR Bundled Cables Specifications
Ground Kit & End Cap Kit
Weather Seal Kit
Times-Protect Lightning Protection Specifications
Connector Interface Guide
Materials and Equation Legend
Coax Electrical Properties
Dielectric Material Properties
Coax Performance Discussion
Coax Selection Guide
Part Reference Guide
- LMR Cables are the latest advent in the RF Coax cables.
- Designed by & manufactured by Times Microwave Systems founded in 1948 as Times Wire and Cable Company that manufactures wide selection of wires and cables especially for the defense, commercial RF & microwave systems.
- LMR cable assemblies are used as transmission lines for antennas transmitters & receivers on missiles, airplanes, ships, satellites, and industrial and military ground communications. Also as test leads for RF instrumentations & controls.
- LMR cables are a replacement for corrugated feeder cables assemblies and jumpers as they provide extra flexibility, ease of installations and lower cost of implementations.
- LMR cables surpassed the aging RG cables in flexibility, installations, RF shielding and low loss performance.
- LMR RF coax cables are used in any demanding RF applications for high performance.
- LMR cables are available in a full range of sizes from 0.100 inch (LMR-100) to 1.70 inches (LMR-1700). The LMR cable numbers are as follows:
LMR-100A; LMR-195; LMR-200; LMR-240; LMR-300; LMR-400; LMR-600; LMR-900; LMR-1200; & LMR-1700
- LMR cables used unique design features that includes the following:
- Closed cell, high velocity, low loss Polyethylene foam dielectric insulator to prevent breakdown in extreme environment and aging.
- Aluminum foil tape bonded directly to the insulator that provides excellent shielding >90 dB, also it acts as a weather and moisture shield.
- Tinned copper outer braid for grounding and connector retention
- Heavy duty UV & weather resistant Polyethylene outer jacket to guarantee a twenty years life span.
- There are many types of LMR cables:
- LMR Standard LMR cable
- LMR-Lite cables uses aluminum braid that weighs less & cost less than copper
- LMR-FR fire retardant non-halogen, low smoke cable
- LMR-LLPL highly fire retardant low loss plenum, cable, available in the following configuration: from 0.195 inch to 1.20 inches . The LMR cable numbers are as follows:
LMR-195-LLPL; LMR-200-LLPL; LMR-240-LLPL; LMR-300-LLPL; LMR-400-LLPL; LMR-600-LLPL; LMR-900-LLPL & LMR-1200-LLPL.
- LMR-DB direct burial flood resistant & watertight cable
- LMR-UF ultra flex cable utilizing stranded center conductor & highly flexible jacket, available in the following sizes and part numbers ony:
LMR-195-UF; LMR-200-UF; LMR-240-UF; LMR-300-UF; LMR-400-UF; LMR-500-UF & LMR-600-UF.
- LMR-75 is a 75 Ohm instead of the 50 Ohm standard LMR cable
- LMR cables are an enhanced upgrade for the RG cables such as:
- LMR-400 is an upgrade for RG213/214 & Belden 9913
- LMR-100A is an upgrade for RG174 coax cable
- LMR-195 and LMR 200 are an upgrade for a typical RG58 coax cable
- LMR-240 is an upgrade for RG8-X
- Although LMR cables cost a little bit more than any competitive coax cables for many good reasons: better VSWR, higher RF shielding, less noise interference, extra flexibility and above all higher performance and longer life duration in an extreme weather conditions.
Federal Custom Cable (www.FCCable.com
) carries the full line of the LMR coaxial cables and related connectors. Also Federal Custom Cable provides LMR cable assemblies with any mating connectors that the customer desires. All LMR cable assemblies manufactured by FCCable.com are thoroughly tested for continuity/isolation, Hi-Pot testing (includes dielectric withstanding voltage and insulation resistance) and if requested VNA testing for VSWR and insertion loss up to the maximum operating frequency.
Federal Custom Cable offers the grounding kits, hoist grips, snap-in hangers, support blocks, entry panels and weatherproofing kits for LMR cables. Federal Custom Cable also provides the required prep and assembly tools for field installations.
*LMR is a trademark of Times Microwave Inc.
Disclaimer: LMR cable facts is a summary of information published in trade and in the manufacturer magazines & catalogs. In no event shall Federal Custom Cable be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, or any other damages that may arise in the use of this information.